Garry’s Mod or Gmod started as a mod for Half Life 2 and it was launched as an independent game in 2006. Since then, hundreds of add-ons and several gamemodes were developed for this game.
Zombie Survival mod is one of the most popular and most complex gamemodes for Garry’s Mod. If you are new to this mod or to the Gmod, you may find it confusing and difficult when you first install and launch the game. This is why we will give you some basic Ggmod Zombie Survival guide to help you meet the game faster and play it more successfully.
First of all, at the beginning of the game there are a proportional number of humans and zombies. Every time a human dies, it becomes a zombie. In case you turn into a zombie, the only way to go back to human is to kill 4 other humans. This creates disproportion very quickly and adds to the atmosphere and the dynamic s of the game. Humans earn points and power through damaging and killing zombies, and zombies do so by killing humans.
The moment you start the game and spawn as a human, you will see the shop menu. It opens at the very beginning, and you should not close it because some servers do not allow reopening it. There are two methods of buying. The first one is to select the item you want to buy and press “Checkout”. You can also save favorites which will be placed in a separate menu. You can do so by selecting the items you want to use most frequently and press “Save”. This way you will create a kind of a shortcut to the items you buy most frequently.
- Arsenal: a role essential for survival and serves for buying supplies.
- Cader: cader builds barricades, does all repairs and helps the survivors.
- Defenders: this is a group of survivoers who has guns and other weapons. They help their team by bringing supplies, medical kits, arsenal crates, guns and the like.
- Medics: these are members of the team who help the injured survivors heal. They use medical kits to repair the damage before the new round of the game begins.
- Repairmen: this group serves to repair the damage on objects. In addition to the hammers they carry, they are also equipped with weapons.
- Resupply: these are crates you can use every two minutes and they serve to supply you with a pack of ammunition.
It is good to know that you can use this Gmod Zombie Survival guide if you download the free version of the game from websites like Gmod-Free.me. Mind your tactics and keep in mind that zombies move much faster than you if you back up. If you want to gain points at the beginning of the game, it is the easiest to do it as a medic. At later stages of the game, it is the easiest to do it as a repairer.